Argan Oil factory from Morocco
Argan Oil Factory from Morocco
Argan oil has been a culinary staple in Morocco for centuries — not only because of its subtle, nutty flavor but also its wide array of potential health benefits.
This naturally occurring plant oil is derived from the kernels of the fruit of the argan tree.
Although native to Morocco, argan oil is now used across the globe for a variety of culinary, cosmetic and medicinal applications.
This article explains 12 of the most prominent health benefits and uses of argan oil.
- 100% Organic, Multi-Purpose, Cold-Pressed Argan Oil. Beautifully Bottled in Dark Amber Glass Complete with Pipette Dropper for Ease of Use.
- Deeply Moisturising For Beautiful, Silky Hair & Nutrient Rich for Healthy Nails. No Strong Smell, Non-Greasy, Fast Absorbing & Longer Lasting
- High levels of Omega 6, Effectively Reduce Skin Blemishes & Stretch Marks. Vitamin E Protects Against Premature Ageing for Radiant, Wrinkle-Free, Younger Looking Skin.
- Our Oil is Rich in Phenols & Carotenes to Soothe, Restore & Repair. Anti-Oxidants such as Saponin are added for Maximum Healthy Results.
- Our fairly traded Organic Argan Oil is Ethically Sourced in Morocco. Not Tested on Animals.
Argan oil is primarily comprised of fatty acids and a variety of phenolic compounds.
The majority of the fat content of argan oil comes from oleic and linoleic acid .
Approximately 29–36% of the fatty acid content of argan oil comes from linoleic acid, or omega-6, making it a good source of this essential nutrient .
Oleic acid, though not essential, makes up 43–49% of the fatty acid composition of argan oil and is also a very healthy fat. Found in olive oil as well, oleic acid is renowned for its positive impact on heart health
Additionally, argan oil is a rich source of vitamin E, which is required for healthy skin, hair and eyes. This vitamin also has powerful antioxidant properties
- Argan oil provides a good source of linoleic and oleic fatty acids, two fats known to support good health. It also boasts high levels of vitamin E.
What You Need To Know When Buying Argan Oil In Morocco or Agadir
Color and Consistency
True argan oil should be clear, although somewhat murky, but dull yellow in color. Anything too golden may indicate that the argan oil has been mixed with other oil varieties to keep costs low. After all, 30 kilograms of nuts are required to produce one kilogram of oil. The oil should be rather light when applied to the skin, and even though the skin may not absorb it quickly, over time it will. Oil that washes off in the shower the next day may not be of the finest quality or purest form.
Price and Packaging
As with concerns over purchasing edible goods in a plastic container, it’s best to buy and store argan oil in a glass bottle to avoid any contamination from the plastics. Expect to pay up to cheap for a bottle of quality argan oil like Olive oil price,